Pool and Beach Etiquette
12 guidelines for Water Fun Harmony
When invited for a swim in the pool or a dip in the lake, bring all that you will need: your towels, drinks, snacks,goggles, safety jackets and sunscreen.
Appropriate hostess gifts could be a cool treat like freezies in a cooler or water toys.
Leave only footprints.
Take with you all your stuff and garbage; including baby diapers and cigarette butts, so the next guests can enjoy the same sights, smells and sounds you did.
- Take off your flip flops and your children’s too, when walking on sand to avoid sand flipping and flopping in the rest area or others.
- Don’t hinder the view of your water neighbours.
- Set up about 2 meters away from your closest neighbour.
- Anchor your paraphernalia safely.
- Put on a cover when not sunning or bathing.
- Remember that the wind carries sounds.
- Text instead of talk on your cell phone.
- Keep music to a minimal volume so as not to interfere with the sound of a distressed person in the water.
- Don’t leave children or pets unsupervised.
- Play away from sunbathers so as not to harm anyone or disturd their quiet time.
- Shake away from sunbathers.
- Don’t smoke close to others. The wind carries smoke.